Monday, January 19, 2009

At Last

Have you ever figured something out you thought you would NEVER figure out and thought....ahhhh at last! That oh so joyous feeling came to me last Wednesday in the middle of class. I began nursing school last Monday, still with that feeling...I want to do this, but is it right for me? Do I still want to do Dental Hygiene. It was so nerve racking. Class monday was boring. We went through how to assess a person's vitals. It didn't mean much to me then. Tuesday was different. Tuesday's class is a communications class, which I know this is going to sound dumb because I want to be a nurse, but scares me. I am not the biggest fan of getting in front of people and talking. Heck half the time I don't like talking to people I do't really know. So we got put into groups (scary for me) and were told to discuss the topic. So my group gets off topic WHICH I HATE and I tried to without sounding like an annoying stuck up smarty pants get the group back on topic (successfully if I might add). After that class I still wasn't 100%. I knew it wouldn't come right away. I figured it would be a semester at least. So Wednesday I went to the first (history of nursing) class...and thought OMG this is BORING. Went to Honors class. THen came lab. She showed us what to do. I took my partner in our cubicle and was like ok let's figure out how to take blood pressure. We couldn't figure it out so our instructor came over and showed us. It was at that moment I knew I was in the right place. I didn't feel stupid for asking a question like I normally do. I really cared about getting this right. I wanted to do this. I am now EXCITED (yes miracle I know) to go to class. No I don't want to sit in a lecture, but I do want to learn the necessary skills for becoming the best nurse I can be. I am sure there will be a ton of moments where I gripe and complain about homework, and going to class. But I now have that ahh at last feeling that I am finally sure of what I want for my future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment